Billy Blanchard joined Columbus Bank and Trust in January 1995 as a Management Associate. During his fifteen year banking career, he has spent time in CB&T's branches, worked as a credit analyst and served the Synovus affiliates as a Business Development Officer and a Commercial Lender in the Corporate Banking Department as well as Executive Vice President responsible for retail banking activities for Columbus Bank and Trust. In October 2009 he assumed the responsibilities of President of the bank.
Billy is a graduate of Berry College in Rome, Georgia, with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration. A native of Columbus, Billy is involved in a variety of civic and community activities.
- Development Authority of Columbus Board of Directory
- Downtown Development Authority
- National Infantry Foundation
- Greater Columbus Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the Chamber's Economic Development Committee
- Columbus Georgia Board of Water Commissioners
- Chair for the United Way 2009 Campaign
- United Way Board of Directors
- Berry College Board of Visitors
- Brookstone School Board of Trustees
- Trustee of the Synovus Foundation
- Team Captain for the Chamber's Quality of Life Team
- Chairman of the Board of Young Life of Greater Columbus
- United Way Cabinet Member
- Completed the Chamber's Leadership Columbus program
- 2004 Leadership Georgia program
- Synovus' Emerging Leadership program
Billy is married to the former Olivia Cheves and they have three children. They attend CrossPointe Church.